The Purpose of the Guides and Princess program is to promote friendship and understanding between father and son and father and daughter, respectively.
- To foster companionship and understanding and set a foundation for positive, lifelong relationships between parent and child.
- To build a sense of self-esteem and personal worth.
- To expand awareness of spirit, mind, and body.
- To provide a framework to meet a mutual need of spending enjoyable, constructive and quality time together.
- To enhance the quality of family time.
- To emphasize the vital role that parents play in the growth and development of their children.
- To offer an important and unique opportunity to develop and enjoy volunteer leadership skills.
Guides: Pals Forever
Princesses: Friends Always
Enjoy taking your kids camping just not dropping them off!
We the Guides/Princesses, through friendly service to each other, to our family, to this Tribe/Nation and to our community, seek a world more pleasing to the eye of our Creator.
The 7 Aims
At the forefront of our program are the Seven Aims, which give members a sense of direction and an inspiration for positive behavior and activities both in the program and at home. These points are broad enough in scope to allow for the parent to expand on the ideas with their child in their own words and with their own experiences or beliefs.
- To be clean in body and pure in heart.
- To be friends forever with my father/son/daughter.
- To love the sacred circle of my family.
- To listen while others speak.
- To love my neighbor as myself.
- To respect the traditions and beliefs of all people.
- To seek and preserve the beauty of the Great Creators work in forest, field, and stream.
Guides and Princesses have several events a year:
- Fall, Winter, and Spring campouts
- Festival of Lights Parade
- Pinewood Derby
- Daddy Daughter Dance
- More Events
Patches are earned by Guides/Princesses who participate in monthly events or Nation outings. The Patches presented for attendance at the campouts are designed by the Guide/Princess at the previous campout.